Winterization of caravans, campervans & motorhomes
Whether your caravan is stored on a site, in storage or on your driveway, try to ensure you protect it from the damp, cold winter months. Most manufacturers recommend a minimum winter maintenance as follows;
- Water systems should be shut off and drained with taps left open to guard against frost damage. Toilet cisterns should also be drained.
- Gas and electric systems should be isolated.
- Dehumidifying crystals in the van will help keep it dry over the winter period.
- Internal doors and vents should be left open to allow the free passage of air.
- Removal of all food stuffs to reduce the risk of rodent damage.
- Fridge/freezers should be defrosted and left open to allow air flow.